Saturday 16 July 2016

Confused of Grimsby

I do not know if anyone else will see this or if they do are interested enough to read it but I need to write it.

The world is becoming an increasingly dangerous place to live while at the same time seemingly in denial about responsibility.   So this is a place for me to try to make sense of it all at least for myself.

To my way of thinking we are in the middle of a world war, one that started in 2011.  Who started it is debatable there was the terrorist attack on America following that the invasion of Iraq.   This seems to have led directly to the Arab Spring.  Syria a recent centre of violence used by both Russia and 'The West' to have a really good scrap without taking chunks out of each other.   The population of Syria have been the worst hit so many of them left homeless and hopeless.   These poor people are streaming out of their country with no where to go facing danger and rejection at every turn.

Back in Iraq and the capital Baghdad violence is an every day occurrence as different factions rip each other apart in the name of power.   Into this volatile mix Islamic Extremists  are planing and executing acts of terror here there and everywhere.  Why?

I suspect the answer to that is that the Islamic populations want self government they are rejecting the western influence, and why shouldn't they?   Oil the west is dependant  on oil and wants to control it. So instead of negotiating and finding a peaceful way for us all to co-operate and work together we, The West, assumes it can just take what it want and is then surprised when other people disagree and find ways of making themselves heard.

Was the Arab world ever a threat to us?  Yes and No think that is an exploration for another day.

In the midst of all this violence and disquiet we vote to leave the EU and start our own little internal drama.  So much easier than looking outward and facing up to our part in the world wide turmoil.

So I need to rant a little and try to understand a world that I do not understand.


1 comment:

  1. I think I know where you are coming from Zoe, it is all very confusing though with so many different problems. I don't think I will ever understand how killing people ever solves anything. Thank you for you for dropping by :D Gay xx

    ReplyDelete

I am trying to be open minded and in learning mode so anything you have to say will be interesting. Thank you for joining my journey.